Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stamping 101


Hey laqueristas! Today I decided to do a stamping tutorial. I bought my stamping kit on Amazon. Its made by M.A.S.H.  The kit included the stamping plates, the scraper, and the double sided stamp as shown above. I had to purchase the special nail polish separately. I have tried it with my regular polish but it was just too thin to work properly. I had difficulty with this kit at first but found with a little dedication and persistence I managed to have myself a swell stamping kit :)

So once you’ve gathered all your materials you can get started. I DO NOT suggest stamping directly on your nails. Always put down a base coat as the stamping nail polish may stain your nails if you apply it directly to your nail. As you can see I’ve chosen a lovely purple. I also suggest cleaning up your nails before you stamp them to make things easier on yourself.
Lavenbaby 
 For my stamp I've chosen a couple stars. I suggest getting a scrap piece of paper to practice stamping on first as you need to figure out the correct amount of pressure to make it work properly. And also to practice lining it up and rolling the stamp on, getting a partial stamp on your nails is frustrating. So in the picture below i have my white polish on my stamp plate. And in the further picture you can see I've used my scraper to squeegee off all of the extra polish.


 So once you've done that the second step it to FIRMLY press your stamper onto your plate to transfer the design. Then quickly and firmly press the stamp onto your nail where you would like the design to be. Please keep in mind that nail polish you are supposed to use for this dries extremely quickly. So the process of transferring the design from plate to nail must be done as quickly as possible.
 And voila! A perfectly cute design that is easy to do and will impress even the most uninterested laquerista! Hope you enjoyed this and as always please feel free to comment if you have any questions, or just an opinion!
Seeing stars.

The materials I am using.

The materials used in this blog:
Kleancolor Nail Laquer- Lavenbaby
M.A.S.H stamping kit
KONAD Special Nail Polish- White (I also have it in black)

If you would like a bigger selection of stamping colors available click here

2 comments: