Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nail Myth 1

I found this cool website about myths of nails. So, I figured every so often I’ll share some of the myths. I will also credit the website each time I use their tips.

Myth 1 : Eating gelatin will strengthen weak nails. While it’s true that nails are made of a protein called keratin and that gelatin too is a protein, there’s never been any scientific proof that gelatin does anything to strengthen nails. By the same token, despite the fact that there is trace amounts of calcium in the nail, downing more milk or other calcium-rich products won’t do anything to strengthen nails either. Overall good nutrition, including adequate protein, is the way to go for strong nails.”


I usually hear the complete opposite, not from any websites or anything, just through word of mouth. I heard that the calcium-rich diet is really good for your hair and nails. So you decide which you want to believe. Personally I believe the website it definitely makes since.    
 
 
 xoxoxoxo
Ally Mariee

No comments:

Post a Comment